Teresa LongNo Joe, God is not responsible for your failed marriage or mine. In His Word He said let what God has joined together let no man put under. God is a covenant maker not breaker. People break covenants. One party or both parties of a relationship made bad choices or let things creep in that started to slowly chip away at the marriage. I know personally You can trust God. I had to leave my home, some of my furniture. I had to start over and He has been there. You know as well as I do life as you know it can change in an instant. God is the constant. He never changes. He promises whatever satan has meant for harm God can turn it around for good. The Bible tells us it is satan who comes to kill, steal, and destroy. God came to give us life abundantly. I am now one year out and I am here to tell you God has healed me, restored me, set my feet in a new direction, helped me start over. Honestly, I am the happiest I have been in a long time. Be careful and don’t fall into the trap of woe is me. God gave us the freedom of choice. Choose to let God have it all. Every situation in life you can choose if it will be your tombstone or your stepping stone. Watch what God can do with your life!
Denise Marie NashI’m finding it hard to put away or down the pride and disappointment of changed circumstances when I can’t provide like I need and want to for my 3 kids. Struggling daily is so exhausting and stressful. Trying to stay focused on God and His provisions.It will be very easy to see sex as a quick fix for the kind of closeness that you want. But you will need to remind yourself that sex alone is not that, and it magnifies the pain of loneliness. It does not resolve it.
– Brad HambrickI am building a relationship with my Heavenly Father like I never dreamed possible. I have realized through all of this that I can talk real straight with God. I mean real straight, because He already knows who I am. He already knows the thoughts and the feelings that are in the deep recesses of my mind and my heart. Do you know what it feels like to be able to say, ‘God, I really hate my husband’s guts. And I hate his mistress. And I wish that his major body parts would fall off.’ To be able to speak that honestly with the One person that has the power to help me to grow beyond that.
– HarrietSometimes when you’re in that broken state, you need to position yourself [to accept help]. Let people love you. Let people minister to you. As time goes on, you’re certainly going to be able to find ways to reciprocate.
– Dr. Les CarterIt’s important to take time to face the pain of what you’re going through. If we don’t face the pain now, we begin the next season of our life built upon a lie.
– Brad Hambrick
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them . . .
We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin [Jesus] to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21If you’re wishing for a change in another person, start by having compassion on that person. Consider God’s great compassion and love for you.The LORD has anointed me [Jesus] to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion-to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. (Isaiah 61:1b-3a)If you’re wishing for a change in another person, start by having compassion on that person. Consider God’s great compassion and love for you.As I try to speak about my anger to the Lord, He already knows it. He’s not threatened by it, and He has a plan that can carry me away from it.
– Dr. Les Carter, DivorceCare expert, www.divorcecare.org/findagroupHealthy people live in reality . . . In order for your kids to have the best possible chance at a healthy life, they need to learn that things aren’t the same, things are different now, and we have to do things different now. And out of that kind of adversity, children build muscles in their character that they might not have built otherwise.
– Leslie VernickClaim Ephesians 6:10-11, 14: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. . . . Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place.But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:33)