1. Uncomfortable Grace (chapter one sample)
Consider and discuss the following BEFORE watching Session 1.
1. Share with the group your most difficult time of suffering and/or trial. Did you question (or feel
tempted to question) the love of God?
Don’t be afraid to admit to your weak faith; the
first step to growing in faith is admitting that you have a faith that is weaker than it should be.
1. Uncomfortable Grace 5
1. The two most important questions we can ask are: “What in the world is God doing?” and
“How in the world should I respond to it?”
2. God will take you where you haven’t intended to go in order to produce in you what you
couldn’t achieve on your own – it’s called uncomfortable grace.
3. We are tempted to judge the faithfulness of God based on His ability to remove difficulty from
our lives, when in fact, difficulty is almost always a sign of His faithfulness.
Immediately he made his disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, to Bethsaida,
while he dismissed the crowd.
And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to
And when evening came, the boat was out on the sea, and he was alone on the land.
And he saw
that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch
of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them,
but when they saw him
walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out,
for they all saw him and were terrified.
But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.”
And he got into the
boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded,
for they did not understand
about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened.
2-Amazement verses Faith
3-Preaching the Gospel to Yourself
4-The Lord is my…..
5-Ambassadors for Christ
6-Everyone is a Counselor